Thursday, August 6, 2015

We're home!

Gage came home on July 29 at 35 weeks 3 days and 1 day shy of being one month old.  He weighed 5 lb 10.5 oz and was 18 1/4 inches when he was discharged.

He and I both had follow up appointments the following Friday (2 days later).  Dr. H (his pediatrician) was pleasantly surprised at how well Gage had done during his nicu stay.  Only on the vent for a little more than 24 hours, cpap for 1 day, nasal cannula for 1 day, no Bradys or apnea, no brain bleeds, and no concerns with eye development.  We go back in two weeks for a weight check.  We've gotten used to knowing his weight gain every day so we're adjusting to just trusting that he's gaining weight since he's eating well.

I had my follow up incision check with Dr. Richardson the same day.  He made me cry twice!  He said usually when someone has bleeding like mine, he's not able to walk away with both mom and baby.  So I cried and said how blessed we felt and how grateful we were.  Then he said, oh just wait, his whole life whatever he does you'll think - well you're just a miracle; you're not even supposed to be here.  And I cried again.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment