Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Ella's 15 month check up...

I took Ella to the doctor today for her 15 month check up.  He said she is growing perfectly.  She is 29 1/2 inches and 20 pounds.  That would put her in the 20th percentile for height and 10th for weight.  She has grown 2 inches since her 12 month appointment!  I kept saying that she seemed so much taller to me. 

He asked if she was talking, and I said she has a handful of words that she uses consistently.  Then he said, well I can see that she is babbling (this is because while he was trying to put the stethoscope on her chest, she was giving him what for in what sounded like Chinese).  I realized later that I wasn't really accurate about her talking.  She has a good 15 words now that I know she understands the meaning of, and others that she will say occasionally but that I'm not sure if she really knows the word herself, or if she's just repeating something she heard one of us say.  Dr. H. said he thinks she is doing very well with talking for her age (and that was based on me saying she only had a few words), that she is clearly trying to communicate with you, very expressive, and can understand simple commands.  She showed him her nose, mouth, hair, belly, and toes when asked.  (I didn't even know she knew toes!)

In typical Ella fashion she was fighting mad while Dr. H. was trying to examine her, and during her shots, but then she was telling everyone bye bye, waving and blowing kisses on the way out the door.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment