Friday, July 8, 2011

Where did the time go?

1 year

2 years



3 years
4 years


It doesn't seem possible that Cooper is already four years old.  He is such a blessing to our family.  I could not have asked for a sweeter, funnier, kinder, smarter, cuter, little boy.  He is changing every day, becoming more and more a little boy and less and less my baby.  :(  It's such a contradiction that as parents we are so excited for our children to grow and learn, and then we are so sad that it happens so fast!

Cooper at four years old...

You like to play with your Cars cars, Toy Story stuff, big barn and farm animals.  You still enjoy to play with play-do, paint, play with your kitchen and food stuff, and do anything outside!  You are trying to teach Ella to pretend play with you, and she is catching on pretty quickly!  She has already mastered, stirring with a spoon in a bowl, pretending to take bites, pour tea and pretend to drink it, and make cars go "vroom, vroom".  She absolutely adores you and would do anything to get your attention.  She lights up when you talk to her, and gives you the best smiles.  :)  Even if you are sent to time out for being ugly to her, she will go to the time out mat to join you - giving me mean looks to let me know she doesn't think you belong to be there.

You are becoming less snuggly and it breaks my heart, but you still love to sit on my lap and snuggle up to read a book, or when you first get up from nap, and first thing in the morning.  When I asked the other day if you would snuggle with me a minute, you said, "Okay Mom, I will, because when I'm four years old I will have other things to do."  Knife to my heart.  ;) 
You and your daddy have developed your own special relationship.  You are buddies, and as you say - you do "boy stuff" together.  Your daddy loves to have any time to spend with just you.  He is thrilled that you are able to do so many things with him now, from fishing, to running errands, to throwing a football, to playing baseball, to helping with yard work.  

You are a delight to our whole family.  You say the funniest things, and we all think you are pretty clever.  Some of us (like your grandparents) think you are a genius, but Daddy and I will stick with pretty clever.  ;)  You know all of your letters, most of your letter sounds, and are beginning to sound out words for reading and spelling.  You know your numbers to 20, can count to 30 (finally not skipping 15!), all of your shapes and colors, and pretty much any information you have ever heard about animals, places, events, etc.  I am constantly amazed at how great your memory is, how you remember everything you hear.  You get that from your daddy by the way.  :)

You are so sweet and loving.  You notice and appreciate everything.  You have good manners, usually remembering to say please and thank you.  You say, "I love you" often, and give lots of hugs and kisses.  We love you more than words!

No comments:

Post a Comment